|Location of Department Office||Central Faculty Hall S115|
From small cells to microorganisms, plants, animals, and from Sangmyung University to Bigger Ones!
The Department of Biology educates and studies profound theories, experimental methodologies, and a wide range of applied methods throughout the life sciences as a new growth engine for the nation to enter the 21st century high-tech industrial society. At the same time, its goal is to nurture talented people capable of contributing to the nation and human society with a broad perspective. Under this goal, the Department of Biology places special emphasis on professionalism and conducts customized education that seeks to maximize employment opportunities.
- Fostering competent leader-level researchers to enter into academic life science and application fields
- Training to be personnel engaged in education related to life sciences with responsibility and commitment
- Nurturing experts in national basic science fields and advanced, convergence and applied biotechnology fields
- Fostering industrial manpower that can be utilized as a specialist in bio-industry
- Public research institute, local government, research institute affiliated with company
- Biological product development, production management, quality control department
- Bio product marketing, academic support department
- Researcher at University Hospital or Institute of Medical Science
- Analysis work at Life genome information and diagnosis medical center